The Dwarkadhish Temple is one of the parts of the Char Dham crusades. It is located in the Jamnagar district of Gujrat in Dwarka. The people use to worship lord Krishna so It is to be known as a very sacred temple by Hindus. Except for the temple eventually, the city is deluged by a sea.
What is the history of Dwarkadhish Temple?
As per the Brahmi script, the temple is built around 100 BC after a few years Shri Adi Shankaracharya explored the temple around 800 BC and started the work for renovation. He found Adya Shakti’s power on the temple’s fourth floor. Muhammad Shah was Charged at the temple and destroyed it completely around 1241 AD. There were only five Brahmins at that time to protect the temple and while rescuing the temple they died. So the locals and the rulers who lived there at that time enlarged the temple during the 15th–16th century. During the year 1965, the Pakistanis attacked the temple but their plan gets flopped to attack the temple.
What is the story origin of Dwarka?
As we know that Lord Krishna’s “Mama Kansa” was the emperor of Mathura. Kansa used to terrorize the people of Mathura and due to this unfairness towards people Lord Krishna killed his own “Mama Kansa”
At that time Yadava clan had faced so many losses and Lord Krishna decided to migrate them from Mathura to Dwarka.
But at that time the city was not formed yet so Lord Krishna asked Vishwakarma (Lord of Construction) to form a new city. Vishwakarma informed Lord Krishna it is only possible when Samudra Deva (God Of the sea) will provide him with the land. Lord Krishna then worshiped and asked Samudra Deva to provide some land to form the city. Sea God finally provide him with 12 Yojanas of land. After that Vishwakarma constructed the city of Dwarka for Lord Krishna
What is the architecture of the Dwarkadhish temple?
It consists of five floors and 72 limestone pillars. It also includes three parts -the Prakashgarh (Nijmandir), Sabahgarh, and The Shikhar. The full height of the Shikhar is 157 feet.
There are two Shikhars located in the temple – The Nij Shikhar and the Ladwa Shikhar. The Nij Shikar contains 5 stories. In this lord Krishna presents. There are majorly two gates to enter the temple named Moksa Dwar (entry to pilgrims) and the Swarg Dwar renowned as a way to heaven.
What Are the festivals celebrated at Dwarkadhish temple?
The festivals usually celebrated in Dwarkadhish temple are-:
- Janmashtami-: As we know we celebrate Janmashtami on the occasion of the birth of Lord Krishna so in Dwarka people use to celebrate Janmashtami in a very magnificent and religious way. The celebration consists of poojas and rituals. In the morning it begins with Mangal Aarti and ends with Parna Ram till the next day. They also perform some rituals with tulsi and Chandan that day.
- Annakut Utsav-: The first day of the Kartik month which consist of preparing and offering sweets to Lord Krishna to celebrate this festival.
- Tulsi Vivah-: The Day reminds the marriage of Lord Vishnu with Tulsi Devi. The festival begins on the 11th day of the Kartik month and lasts for 4 days
- Holi-: The most favorite festival of the colour of lord Krishna.
What Are the timings of the Dwarkadhish Temple?
People usually start worshiping the Dwarkadhish temple at 6:30 AM and end at 9:30 PM. The temple used to perform all the rituals during this particular time.
The Mangal Aarti starts at 6:30 PM and ends at 9:30 PM
The Mangal Darshan starts at 7:00 AM and ends at 8:00 AM
The Srinagar Aarti Starts at 10:30 AM
Sandhya Aarti Starts at 7:30 PM and ends at 7:45 PM
Best month visit the temple
The best time to visit the Dwarkadhish temple is in October and March.
More Temples to Visit Near Dwarkadhish Temple
- Shri Nageshwar Temple: The Nageshwar temple (Nagnath Temple) is located 12 kilometers far from Dwarkadhish Temple. The temple is very different as it faces Shiva Lingam in the south and The Nandi Faces East. It is also a very attractive and peaceful place to visit.
- Rukmani Mandir-: It is 2 kilometres far from Dwarkadhish Temple. The temple was constructed in the memories of Devi Rukmani the wife of Lord Krishna. Devi Rukmani is also known as Goddess Mahalakshmi.
- Gita Mandir-: This temple is built by the Birla Family in 1970 Dedicated to the teachings of the Bhagwat Gita. The walls of the Temple consist of canticles from Bhagwat Gita.
How to reach Dwarkadhish Temple?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jamnagar which is located 137km far away from the Dwarkadhish temple
- By Rail: Many trains are there to visit Dwarka city from cities like Jamnagar, Rajkot, Ahmadabad, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, and Kochi.
- By Road: There are direct busses that start from Jamnagar, Gandhinagar, Porbandar, Rajkot, and Ahmedabad.
Also Check:- Badrinath Dham Tour