Ranthambore is a popular tourist destination in the state of Rajasthan, India. Situated in the northwest of the state and surrounded by Aravali hills, it is one of the oldest national parks in India. It was established as a national park in 1958 and since then has been recognized as an essential tiger reserve. Ranthambore National Park Safari offers excellent opportunities for sightseeing and wildlife photography, and spotting wild animals that come out at night to feed on grasslands or crop fields outside the park boundaries.
The region around Ranthambore has been inhabited for millennia by humans; however, the earliest evidence of human settlement in this area dates back to 4500 BC. The park’s main attractions are tigers and leopards, found here in large numbers. Other animals like chital (spotted deer) can also be spotted here. The park is also known for its rich birdlife, and around 300 species have been identified here so far. Amongst them are some rare species like the great Indian bustard, painted stork and crested serpent eagle.
History of Ranthambore Park
Ranthambore is one of oldest and best-known for Golden Triangle India Itinerary. It is located near Sawai Madhopur, in the state of Rajasthan. The park was established in 1955 and covered an area of 1,412 square kilometers (550 sq mi). Ranthambore is derived from Ranthambore (Rajasthani), which means “underground lake.” The protected area was once part of the hunting grounds of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II of Jaipur and was known for its abundant wildlife. The first significant development was made by the British Resident Sir James Tod, who sponsored an expedition led by Captain William Anderson to locate tigers in 1835. Anderson reported finding tigers in abundance and his report attracted many visitors to Ranthambore, leading to a rise in tiger numbers due to legal protection and better protection against poachers.
Types of Jungle Safari in Ranthambore
This is the most popular jungle safari offered at Ranthambore National Park. It is a short trip that lasts between two to three hours, making it perfect for those who do not have much time on their hands. The jeep will take you through different parts of the national park, where you can see animals like tigers, leopards and deer up close.
A Canter Safari is done by an experienced guide who takes you through different parts of the national park and explains flora and fauna around you. At the same time, you enjoy riding on an open jeep through dense forests or the lakeside areas where you can spot tigers from close quarters.
It’s a comfortable ride with ample space for everyone sitting inside it. The canter’s roof allows you to enjoy an open view of the jungle landscape all around you while moving through it slowly, making it easier to spot animals on your way through the park’s roads.
Best Time to Visit Ranthambore National Park
The best time to visit this park is when animals are easier to spot, between October and April. You can explore the park on safari jeeps or walk along its well-worn paths. You can also enjoy boat rides along its lakes and ponds or take up a bird watching tour searching for rare species. The park has rainforests and grasslands, and many animals can be found here. There are also tigers, leopards, hyenas, jackals in this park, and they can be seen easily with a good guide who knows how to track them down during this season.
Check it :- Golden triangle india tour
During the monsoon season, the grasslands become lush green, increasing water levels. This makes it easier for tigers to spot their prey from a distance and thus hunt them more efficiently. Also, due to the dense vegetation that grows in these areas during this time of year, it becomes easy for tigers and other predators to hide from their prey that’s one of the tiger interesting facts.
Tips to Know While Travelling to Ranthambore National Park
- Make sure you have enough cash before leaving for Ranthambore. The nearest ATM is about far away from the entrance gate, and there are no credit card machines available at the park.
- Ranthambore is home to tigers and other wild animals, so never try to go near them or provoke them. If you see any animal coming toward you, stand still and don’t run away from it, as this can scare the animal even more and cause harm to both of you!
- Make sure that there are no vehicles parked inside the park as this can irritate animals; who might end up attacking people in their territory! Make sure doors of your car are locked when parked inside the park so that no one can get inside
- Don’t forget to carry water bottles with you as there are no regular water supply points inside the jungle area. So, it’s better to have enough water bottles for your entire trip. So that you don’t need to buy bottled water from outside. If possible, avoid drinking from local sources such as ponds or rivers as they can be polluted.
- Keep some snacks handy so that if hunger strikes during your visit; you don’t have to spend money at restaurants or cafes within the park premises. But do not feed any wild animal or bird as it might harm them in future when they come across.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Since this national park is located in Rajasthan so expect hot weather conditions throughout the year, especially during summers
Online booking of Ranthambore National Park Safari
Online booking of Ranthambore National Park Safari can be made in advance from the Noble House Tour; the leading travel agency in India. At Noble House Tour, we have a team of dedicated professionals; who are well versed in all the aspects of wildlife safaris and wildlife tourism in India. We offer online booking for wildlife safaris in Ranthambore National Park. And we also provide you with the best possible rates on your choice of accommodation in Ranthambore area. Our online booking facility will ensure that you enjoy the best deal on golden triangle India tour package price.
Our Tour Package :-
Check these Festival :-